MAKES 8-10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20-25 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350*F and then reduce temperature to 325*F.
- Grease two 8-inch pans with cooking spray, followed with an 8-inch round piece of parchment paper, then spray again.
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and oil and beat till combined, scraping the bowl.
- Add all cake flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the pan and store wrapped in refrigerator for 1 week maximum.