2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic,minced
1 medium onion,chopped
2 large bittermelon
½ cups water
1/4 kilo beef sirloin, cut into strips
¼ cup tausi (salted black beans)
1 tbsp cornstarch,mixed with
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
pepper to taste
- Cut bitter melon in half lengthwise.Remove seeds using spoon. Make sure you take out all the white stuff .
- Slice it diagonally and put into a bowl. Smother it with salt,make sure each slice gets some salt into them and let it stand for about 5 minutes. Rinse it off with water and set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in heated oil.
- When the onions are transluscent, add beef and stir for a few seconds.
- Add water and simmer for a few minutes until beef is tender.
- Add tausi, soy sauce,oyster sauce, and pepper to taste.