Please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel.
SAMOTSARING KWENTO..Thank you!
Hate rolling out pie crust? This recipe has all the flavors of apple pie but is as easy to make as a quik bread. It also freezes well; just make sure it’s throughly cooled after you’ve taken it out of the oven, then wrap it in several layers of plastic wrap before putting in the freezer. It’s great to have on hand when you need a quick snack or dessert-Just let it thaw first. SERVES 12
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2/3 cup apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
7 tbsp butter, melted, divided
1 3/4 cups plus 1 tbsp flour, divided
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped apples
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinammon
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees. Grease a 9-x-inch loaf pan
- In a large bowl,stir together sugar,sour cream and eggs until well combined.
- Add applesauce,vanilla and 6 tbsp melted butter. Stir until just combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1-3/4 cups flour, baking soda,apple pie spice and salt. Fold in the apples.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Stir well, then spoon into prepared pan.
- Stir together walnuts, remaining 1 tbsp melted butter, remaining 1 tbsp flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour.