butter for greasing
1/2 cup caster sugar,plus extra for dusting
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour,sifted
1/4 cup ground almonds
For the filling
1.Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease and line a 13 x 9in jelly roll pan with baking parchment.
2. Put the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and pale.
3. Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in with the ground almonds,using a metal spoon.
4. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth level. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sponge is well risen and springy to the touch.
5. Dust a sheet of baking parchment liberally with caster sugar. Turn out the cake on the paper, and leave to cool with the pan still in peace.
6. Lift the pan off the cooled cake and carefully peel away the lining paper.
9. Dust with caster sugar. Serve decorated with the remaining raspberries and the toasted flaked almonds.